Gain hands-on experience from a variety of virtual platforms, including cyber labs and situation rooms.
Prepare for Certifications.
Explore concepts that enable you to sit for A+, Networking+ and Security+ certifications while enrolled and after graduation.
Committed to Your Success.
Graduate with a professional portfolio to showcase your work to potential employers.
Move from the help desk to cybersecurity analyst, manager or specialist.
Cyberattacks rank as the fastest growing crime in the U.S. and are expected to cost global damage of over $6 trillion by the end of 2021, according to the ISACA.1
Your online bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity from Notre Dame College teaches you to wield the latest technology and combat cyberattacks, from defending information systems to preventing and mitigating cybercrime. You will be able to operate effectively as part of a cybersecurity team.
Practice industry-standard skills.
Our online cybersecurity degree gives you the comprehensive skills you need to sit for A+, Network+ and Security+ exams.
While the program takes place online, you will be able to gain hands-on experience by using simulation technology through the innovative cybersecurity lab and situation room on Notre Dame College’s campus. If you are not within driving distance of campus you will have the opportunity to view and interact with live video simulations virtually.
During the program, you will work with faculty to create a professional portfolio that showcases your cybersecurity expertise for potential employers.
Topics You’ll Study
- Cloud security
- Computer forensics
- Data recovery
- Ethical hacking
- IT security
- Network architecture
After you graduate, you will understand complex cybersecurity problems and make ethical decisions based on the principles of cybersecurity design and best practices. Your cybersecurity tool kit will include intelligence, damage assessment, data recovery, computer forensics, risk assessment and management, plus an awareness of how humans factor into cybersecurity issues.
After you complete the online cybersecurity bachelor’s degree program, you will be prepared to:
- Understand complex cybersecurity problems and apply principles of cybersecurity design and best practices — including intelligence, damage assessment, recovery and computer forensics, risk assessment and management and human factors — to prevent and mitigate cyberattacks.
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge of information technologies and their impact on organizational processes and decision-making.
- Design, implement, administer and evaluate solutions in computer networks and database management systems using cybersecurity best practices.
- Assess and apply security principles and practices to maintain operations and protect information infrastructure in the presence of cyber risks and threats.
- Recognize and analyze professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in cybersecurity practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Operate and communicate effectively as a member or leader of a cybersecurity team.
This Program Is Designed for:
- Engaged problem-solvers interested in using their abilities to protect company data.
- Those who want to pursue a career that builds on their love for technology.
- Problem-solvers who would like to protect a company’s most important data and digital assets.
- Working professionals seeking a flexible cybersecurity degree to advance in an industry growing faster than average through 2030.2
- Current police officers who are looking for an accelerated path* towards career advancement.
Why Notre Dame College
Located in South Euclid, Ohio, Notre Dame College is a small yet vibrant liberal arts Catholic college. We are committed to offering world-class learning both on campus and online with student success as our top priority. Our reputation for excellence is rooted in our variety of degree programs, expert instructors and continuous support of our students. Whether you learn on campus in Ohio or in one of our flexible online degree programs, you’ll experience the exceptional education Notre Dame College is known for.
Courses & Requirements
Build extensive knowledge of the field and practice the skills you need to earn several cybersecurity credentials as you study with expert faculty. Our online degree includes:
Foundational studies courses offer students a comprehensive introduction to a range of subject areas and help build skills necessary for academic and personal success.
*Police officers who have successfully completed OPOTA (Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy) as designated by an official transcript or certificate may use their experience to transfer up to 30 credit hours towards this degree. Students who have completed police academy training out of state may also be eligible.
Students applying for the online cybersecurity degree program must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum 2.5 GPA
How to Apply
Students applying for admission to the online cybersecurity degree program must submit the following materials:
- A complete online application
- Official high school transcripts or GED score
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
Costs & Financial Aid
Notre Dame College Online features a high-quality education at a price you can afford. See how your past academic credentials can help you make the most of your college education.
Component Requirements Cost Per Credit Hour Total Tuition 120 credit hours $530 $63,600 Transfer Credits 90 credit hours $530 $47,700 Total with transfer credits (up to 90) $15,900
Discover federal financial aid, U.S. military benefits and other ways to make your education affordable.
Notre Dame College is proud to be recognized as a Military Friendly School and participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Learn more about how Notre Dame College Online seeks to help service members make the most of their education.
Outcomes & Resources
Learn more about potential careers available after you graduate. Some include:
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Information security engineer
- IT manager
- Network engineer
- Penetration tester
- Security consultant
- Security engineer
- Software engineer
Frequently Asked Questions
Success as an online student requires self-motivation. Online students practice discipline as they work to meet obligations at school, home and work. Each week, you will dedicate time to coursework, and it is essential to take part in discussions and meet assignment deadlines. If you need information or have questions, be sure to reach out to your advisor.
Yes! Notre Dame College Online recognizes the importance of an affordable education, and we strive to ensure your financial situation is not a boundary when it comes to your career success. Refer to our Financial Aid page to learn more about how to pay for your degree.
The Free Application for Free Student Aid determines your eligibility for financial aid programs, such as loans and grants. It helps identify the types of aid you may receive, such as federal and state grants, work study programs and low interest loans. We strongly recommend you fill out your FAFSA form each year to help identify which financial aid opportunities may be available to you.
The online cybersecurity degree program helps you prepare for a range of roles in IT and information security. Opportunities include information security analyst, cybersecurity technician and security engineer. Additionally, the skills and knowledge that you gain in this program serve as the foundation for executive IT roles, such as chief security officer and chief information officer.