Gain Vital IT Skills.
Learn to keep essential data safe from hackers and other external threats.
Prepare for Certifications.
Explore concepts that enable you to sit for cybersecurity certifications while enrolled and after graduation.
Your schedule, your degree.
Study when and where is right for you with this flexible online cybersecurity degree program.
Develop skills for in-demand roles safeguarding sensitive data for companies across industries.
Securing customer data and protecting IT networks from external threats are top priorities for businesses today. Now, you can gain skills for an in-demand career in information security through the online cybersecurity degree program from Notre Dame College Online.
By earning your bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, you can qualify for essential IT positions at companies across industries. That includes information security analyst roles, which had a median salary of $98,000 in 2018, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Earn certifications as you go. You will be prepared to sit for 3 CompTIA certifications as you’re working towards your bachelor’s degree:
Topics of Study
- IT security
- Network architecture
- Ethical hacking
- Cloud security
- Data recovery
- Computer forensics
In this program, you will study cybersecurity concepts in courses created with help from professionals with experience in this field. While the program takes place online, students will be able to gain hands-on experience by using simulation technology in a state-of-the-art cybersecurity lab and situation room that will open soon on Notre Dame College’s campus.
You will also explore essential information security concepts through online cyber-range training. Play the role of “cyber attacker” and “cyber defender” as you prepare to safeguard data by learning to think like a hacker.
After you complete the online cybersecurity bachelor’s degree program, you will be prepared to:
- Understand complex cybersecurity problems and apply principles of cybersecurity design and best practices — including intelligence, damage assessment, recovery and computer forensics, risk assessment and management and human factors — to prevent and mitigate cyberattacks.
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge of information technologies and their impact on organizational processes and decision-making.
- Design, implement, administer and evaluate solutions in computer networks and database management systems using cybersecurity best practices.
- Assess and apply security principles and practices to maintain operations and protect information infrastructure in the presence of cyber risks and threats.
- Recognize and analyze professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in cybersecurity practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Operate and communicate effectively as a member or leader of a cybersecurity team.
This Program Is Designed for:
- Engaged problem-solvers interested in using their abilities to protect company data.
- Individuals who love technology and want to pursue roles that build on that passion.
- Working professionals seeking a flexible program that will help them enter an in-demand field.
Courses & Requirements
Your course of study will help you earn the credentials you need to take the next step in your career. Our online Bachelor of Arts in Cybersecurity program requires 70 credit hours within the major. Additionally, all students are required to complete 50 credit hours of foundational studies.
Foundational studies courses offer students a comprehensive introduction to a range of subject areas and help build skills necessary for academic and personal success.
Students applying for the online cybersecurity degree program must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum 2.5 GPA
How to Apply
Students applying for admission to the online cybersecurity degree program must submit the following materials:
- A complete online application
- Official high school transcripts or GED score
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
Costs & Financial Aid
Notre Dame College Online features a high-quality education at a price you can afford. See how your past academic credentials can help you make the most of your college education.
Component Requirements Cost Per Credit Hour Total Tuition 120 credit hours $495 $59,400 Transfer Credits 90 credit hours $495 $44,550 Total with transfer credits (up to 90) $14,850
Discover federal financial aid, U.S. military benefits and other ways to make your education affordable.
Notre Dame College is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Learn more about how Notre Dame College Online seeks to help service members make the most of their education.
Outcomes & Resources
Learn more about potential careers available after you graduate. Some include:
- Security analyst
- Security software developer
- Vulnerability assessor
- Cybersecurity technician
- Security engineer
- Programmer analyst
- Clinical informaticist
- Chief security officer
- Chief information officer
Frequently Asked Questions
Success as an online student requires self-motivation. Online students practice discipline as they work to meet obligations at school, home and work. Each week, you will dedicate time to coursework, and it is essential to take part in discussions and meet assignment deadlines. If you need information or have questions, be sure to reach out to your advisor.
Yes! Notre Dame College Online recognizes the importance of an affordable education, and we strive to ensure your financial situation is not a boundary when it comes to your career success. Refer to our Financial Aid page to learn more about how to pay for your degree.
The Free Application for Free Student Aid determines your eligibility for financial aid programs, such as loans and grants. It helps identify the types of aid you may receive, such as federal and state grants, work study programs and low interest loans. We strongly recommend you fill out your FAFSA form each year to help identify which financial aid opportunities may be available to you.
The online cybersecurity degree program helps you prepare for a range of roles in IT and information security. Opportunities include information security analyst, cybersecurity technician and security engineer. Additionally, the skills and knowledge that you gain in this program serve as the foundation for executive IT roles, such as chief security officer and chief information officer.