College graduates seek benefits of becoming a teacher
People sometimes discover a passion for education after they have already graduated from college. Instead of having to start from scratch, professionals have opportunity through Notre Dame College to earn their teaching licensure in an accelerated format and to fast-track their career in education.
Notre Dame College’s Teacher Education Evening Licensure (TEEL) program is designed for working professionals who have earned a bachelor’s degree and are seeking licensure to teach in the state of Ohio.The evening schedule allows working professionals to maintain their daily routine while completing courses to become a teacher. Notre Dame College also offers the licensure program at an accelerated pace, allowing students to earn their licensure in 18 to 24 months.
Benefits of TEEL Program
- Quality: Notre Dame College students can count on receiving a quality licensure from the TEEL program. As with all its education programs, Notre Dame College’s licensure program maintains the highest level of quality. In fact, Notre Dame Colleges’ preservice teachers rank in the top 25 percent.
- Flexibility: Many people desire a transition into the field of education well into their career. The online licensure program is accessible, affordable and convenient, allowing working professionals who have a bachelor’s degree to maintain their daily routine, including a full-time job, while pursuing their licensure.
- Acceleration: Notre Dame College’s TEEL program can put students on the fast track to a career in education. Completing the licensure program can take as little as 18 to 24 months, including student teaching requirements.
Students enrolled in the TEEL program can earn their licensure in the following areas:
- Early childhood (grades PK through 3)
- Middle childhood (grades 4 through 9)
- Adolescent and young adult (grades 7 through 12)
- Visual arts (grades PK through 12)
- Spanish (grades PK through 12)
- Mild to moderate intervention specialist (grades K through 12)
The TEEL program covers the core competencies you need when pursuing a career in education, including pedagogy methods and theories that you can apply to each area of instruction.