Online RN to BSN students fit nurisng classes into their busy schedule
More than ever, there is a wide variety of careers available to nurses who have a bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN). Continuing your nursing education with the RN to BSN online program from Notre Dame College (NDC) is a great way to get started and enjoy the advantages of this job market. At NDC, we understand how important lifelong learning is to nurses, so we have developed a degree program that allows nurses with an associate degree to earn their BSN completely online.
The health care industry is experiencing a significant shortage of qualified nurses to fill more advanced positions, including both leadership and management roles. Earning your BSN enables you to advance your career and hone your nursing skills, while benefiting from increased earning potential and career possibilities. The online RN to BSN program at NDC is based on a core body of knowledge that includes both the science and the art of nursing. This liberal arts approach to our curriculum is essential to the education and development of well-rounded health care professionals. NDC’s students learn to solve complex problems and address the health needs of society through our accredited, accelerated degree program.
The online RN to BSN program will prepare you to work in a variety of health care settings, including hospitals, clinics, schools, public health institutions and other community organizations. Our students can begin the bachelor’s program in the fall or spring semester and can enroll on a part-time (fewer than four courses per term) or full-time (four courses or more per term) basis. This means that you can work toward your degree when your schedule and lifestyle needs permit. Our RN to BSN program requires no clinicals, which makes it easy to get your degree and get started on your professional goals faster.
The following are some examples of careers you can have with a completed RN to BSN degree:
- Nurse care managers coordinate patient care and make sure patients receive the best course of treatment for their individual situation. A nurse case manager works in a variety of medical settings such as hospitals, nursing homes or rehabilitation facilities.
- Nurse directors manage the nursing departments of hospitals or other health care facilities. In this position you will plan schedules, set goals and evaluate staff performance.
- Clinical audit managers ensure that a department is operating properly and meeting the needs of patients. They investigate the documentation and billing procedures of health care facilities to maximize efficiency and improve productivity.
- Primary care nurse managers are a resource for patients when they seek medical treatment. In this position you will diagnose, treat and manage medical conditions, either together with a physician or on your own.
NDC prepares its students to work in a variety of settings, such as hospitals, clinics, public health institutions, schools and other community organizations. Through NDC, you will gain the knowledge and skills you need to provide communities and patients with high-quality medical care.
Prospective students who are qualified RNs and wish to apply to NDC’s RN to BSN online program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the online application.
- Have an associate degree or diploma in nursing from an accredited program.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have verification of an active RN license in the state of residence.
- Complete prerequisite and support courses with a grade of C or higher (must be completed prior to graduation from the RN to BSN program).
- Provide a copy of official transcript.
NDC offers affordable tuition, and students can also apply for financial aid before they are even accepted into their desired program. Students can begin organizing their education finances as soon as possible. We offer a variety of scholarships, grants, and financial aid to both our online and traditional students. For more information, visit our Financial Aid page.
The RN to BSN program tuition is priced at $295 per credit hour. Tuition for active duty military is $250 per credit hour.
NDC’s RN to BSN online degree program works to provide the ideal education for nurses who are looking to advance both their education and their careers. Depending on previously earned college credits and the specific course load per term, students can complete the degree in as little as 16 to 18 months.
NDC’s nursing graduates rank our program consistently higher when compared with other online BSN programs in Ohio. For more information about NDC’s RN to BSN application process, visit our How To Apply page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.