A business degree is among the most versatile in today’s economy providing graduates with a broad understanding of many complex business competencies and making you a valuable asset to any organization’s workforce. Earn your degree in business and consider one of the following careers:
- Accountant: Business minded individuals with a knack for numbers may discover an accounting career to be rewarding. Accountants prepare and examine financial records for individuals and businesses. The median salary for an accountant is more than $60,000. Job growth is expected to be strong through the next decade.
- Budget analyst: Take a strategic approach to finances as a budget analyst. Professionals in this field help businesses organize finances, prepare reports and monitor spending. The median salary for a budget analyst is more than $68,000 and the job outlook is average.
- Event manager: Use your organizational skills and creative mind for career success as an event manager. Event managers plan, organize and coordinate events of all sizes for businesses and individuals. From selecting event space, organizing the itinerary, arranging transportation and more, event managers are in complete control of event logistics. The median salary for an event manager is more than $45,000 with job growth expected to be much faster than the average through the decade.
- Financial advisor: Individuals often need assistance to maximize their financial benefits and savings. As a financial advisor, you will give people short and long term financial advice regarding their investments, taxes, insurance and more. The median salary for a financial advisor is nearly $65,000. Job growth through 2020 is expected to be much faster than average.
- Marketing manager: Take a business to the top of a consumer’s mind as a marketing manager. Marketing managers’ promote a business and its services to an appropriate target market for optimal success. Marketing managers incorporate advertising, design, public relations, social media and more into their strategic plans. The median salary for a marketing manager is more than $100,000 with average growth expected.
- Human resource manager: Businesses are increasingly recognizing the importance of cultivating a positive work environment for their employees as a way to enhance productivity, company loyalty and garner results. Human resource managers assist management in developing employee benefits and incentive programs as well as recruiting and training new talent. The median salary for a human resource manager is nearly $100,000 with job growth expected to be average through 2020.
- Sales manager: Businesses need strong leaders in their sales force. A sales manager directs and manages a sales team, helping to establish sales goals, analyze sales data and create training programs for team members to improve productivity and results. The median salary for sales managers is nearly $100,000. Job growth is expected to be average through the next decade.
Learn more about Online Business Programs.